Pages

Sunday, November 20, 2011

I FOUND A TREASURE



One of the places I frequent is the Health Shoppe in Morristown, a pillar of the city, and hopefully, a future NJ Greats profile. While shopping for organic and gluten free treats, I found a table of the most interesting and beautiful jewelry.  I was greeted warmly as I could not take my eyes off earrings fabulous bracelets, gold and silver blends (love mixed metals) and great fabrics.  Many pieces had a vintage flair. I had to ask more.

Lauren Cohen introduces herself, family owns the Health Shoppe and she owns Lulu Belle’s Little Treasures. The name intrigued me. I commented on the uniqueness of the pieces. She detailed each designer. I loved the each story. But, by far, Lauren’s is the best. Growing up, one of her favorite things was her grandmother’s jewelry box. She would spend her time admiring and modeling all of her treasures. Little did she know right there, she was scripting her future. Educated in the mental health field, Lauren decided to follow her passion, and after just a few minutes with her and the collection, its evident she made the right decision.

One collection that caught my eye was Joolz Hayworth, out of California. The large bracelets with multiple-panel designs were so unique. Lauren commented that they draw compliments. The blue caught my eye and I made a purchase, along with some resin earrings for my daughters and a beautiful necklace.
                                   

 Her mixed metals line, Jillery by Jill Fagin is New York City based and made completely out of recycled gold and silver aluminum. The pieces are very light weight, yet carry heavy impact. They never tarnish, are hypoallergenic, and are reasonably priced. I helped myself to a great pair of earrings. I soon learned of Laurens talent in design and eye for style. She showed me her latest treasure, a collaborative effort with jeweler Noel Grabow. Gorgeous vintage leather watches bands that can be sold solo or adorned with jewels.




 I love them, so different and trendy.
She also let me in on a new spiritual based line, “Mali and Michelle”, she will be adding to her collection. This line includes beautiful hamsehs, evil eyes, and vivid floral pieces. Lauren was particularly moved by this line.

 If you are wondering where to find these amazing Treasures, Lauren will be doing two shows this holiday season. The first is this Friday, November 25 at The Health Shoppe in Morristown from 11-7, with a special 10% off of all purchases. The second is November 29th at Temple B’nai Jeshurun in Short Hills from 9-6.  Please check out her beautiful creations. She is also at the Health Shoppe Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays.  Lauren is also available to do private in-home parties. She is flexible and will tailor make the theme to suit not only the hostess, but the guest’s needs. Oh and by the way, she was right. EVERY time I wear the Joolz Hayworth bracelet, I get tons of compliments.

Visit her Etsy store

No comments:

Post a Comment